![]() |
| Clean like a whistle |
Sittin with me: I've been meaning to post about more than mere makeup reviews for a while. I think I'll start a new series of "sittin with me" post (yeah I know how to spell - sitting - just go with the flow k') where I just sit back and reflect on things.
Topic of the sit down - natural hair
I wrote a poem a while back about my hair ... Yes I was that into hair care and poetry - plus it was in aid to win a prize and I did kinda win (me and another lady - she didn't write a poem though) so I was chuffed about it. All that was needed was to write about your hair - Your loves, your hates? My sis contacted me about it, as she thought I would come up with some "arty fluffy stuff" that might make us win and share the prize (which we did because she found out about the competition). Since I'm back on the healthy hair wagon of ... joy ... I thought I'd share this throwback poem.
My Hair, My Love and Me
I'm afraid that when my hair is temperamental
The whole world can see.
Instead of my crown and glory
She becomes my misery.
She doesn't react to my combs kiss
with bouncy finger coils.
Instead she kicks and frizzes
in endless tangled woes.
No conditioner can smooth her temper,
No water and no oil.
Can create the beauty that I adored,
Just a week ago.
Her power, is too strong.
She brings me, to my knees.
When she is unhappy.
The same goes with me.
She's stuck up and she adamant,
about the things she likes.
If she does't want it near her,
You'd be a fool to try twice.
But for all the things she puts me through,
I'm afraid my love is blind.
For when she's being nice to me,
She makes me feel divine.
She glistens like the stars,
When sun rays hit her jet black hue.
She coils and curls in bouncy twists,
which brings my heart the greatest bliss.
She's a testament of my ancestry.
The rugged heart of a distant land,
which makes its imprint, in each .. strand
So, even when she's dry and rude,
I could not ask for more.
For come next week, she'll change her mood
and bring me endless joy.
My hair, my love and me.
***
Alright. I understand you want to see the love I talk about? Naturally she has her moods but today shes's having a nice day ...
![]() |
| This is me sans makeup with my hair wash and "styled" by me :) - my hair is in its drying stage. |
Into poetry?
Have you ever written an ode?
Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
Take Care and Stay Blessed
:o)
x


0 Yorumlar