Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Do you have a relationship with your hairdresser? - Chapter 2

I went to have a haircut about two weeks ago, and I was suddenly jolted up when my hairdresser said, "I haven't seen you in a long while". And that was when I realised, the relationship between my hairdresser and I, is existent.

A lot of times, we think that people in the frontline service industries are but representatives of their company and the brand, in the sense, whoever serves us does not matters, what matters is that they get the job done in the way that a brand wants its customers to feel.

For example, the staff of MacDonald's is just a person helping you to make the transaction so that you can get your burger and coke. It doesn't matters if the person is an elderly or a teen, a male or a female. Whoever can get the job done, does the job.

In the same way, it doesn't matters who cuts my hair, as long as my hair turns out nice, the job is done.

But no.

It doesn't happens that way when it comes to hairdressing. Quite obviously, a haircut is not a one size fits all product that can be franchised. A haircut is a not a burger or a coke that MacDonald's can bring across the globe. A haircut, is an immensely personal deal that you and I have to strike with our chosen hairdresser.

PS: This place is not Chapter 2. But it's the only photo I have of my hair entirely.

Here's my brief story.

6 years ago, I started the search for someone who could give me the hairstyle I want. I went to Storm, to a recommended home-based hairdresser, across the causeway to City Square, to Subang in Malaysia. And I thought I hit jackpot at Subang. Afterall, it was only a budget airline flight away.

But I was wrong. When I returned to Singapore, I knew I couldn't keep it up and keep flying to Subang for a haircut. So I went in search again, and decided to take my brother's recommendation to go to Chapter 2.

And that was when I really struck gold!

I decided to take the recommendation because I needed a nice haircut that I feel comfortable with and a really good dye for my registration of marriage, and the hairdresser that did it for me just really hit all the right notes (not too short, not too long, fringe just nice enough to not be tied but long, dye colour that suits my warm medium skin tone).

Everybody complimented my hair colour after that. Hehe.

Ever since he did it right for my big day, I just kept going back every three months.

It's like I could come up with any occasion, and he would know what to do. Once, I had a dinner with a 70s theme, and I told him so, and he cut that China doll fringe for me, but customised it to suit my face.

I have never ever visited any hairdresser regularly before because I hate haircuts. They just don't get it right. But with this recommended place, I always get what I want without even asking much, without giving any details (because I myself don't know how to describe what I want, my bad).

Do you keep going back to the same hairdresser? Or do you prefer to just go wherever is convenient or has promotions, etc?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar