Last February I went through one hell of a cold!
I struggled with dry and soar eyes that felt like they were going to explode, dry itchy skin from God knows what, chapped lips that were thin from all the fever and misery I was feeling.
Aside from a visit to the doctor and some care from your loved ones, you are sure hoping for some lovely pick me ups to get you through the day and to fix your suffering face.
I listed all of my favourites that helped me get through this awful period. Sometimes spoiling yourself a little can do a lot do make yourself feel better and more confident.
1. Lancôme Rose Sugar Scrub
You can easily make a rose sugar scrub yourself by mixing honey with sugar and rose oil or water, but if you don't feel like making something yourself right now, you can purchase this pretty looking scrub with rose water and sugar from Lancôme. It comes in two sizes to it is pretty affordable if you want to test it first (10 and 30 euros).
2. A. Vogel Eye Drops
These eye drops are easy to apply and instantly relieve dry eyes.
3. Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum
When I have a cold my skin becomes very dry and itchy, and it needs instant plumping, hydrating and relief. For quick results I apply this slightly thick serum at night after I washed my face, when my skin has been through a rough day. The serum feels smooth and clean and feels like it absorbs quickly. It is quite heavy for a serum nevertheless and is more suitable for night time in my opinion.
4. Dior Le Crayon Waterproof Eye Pencil
My all time favorite eye pencil. Now, why would this help during a cold? Well because our eyes look so dim during a cold that they need a bit of hassle free contrast addition. When we have a cold, we don't want to spend a lot of time on our appearance. We just want to look as best as we still can, with the least amount of energy, because energy is lacking. A dry and painful or a messy and smudgy eyeliner could make cold-prone eyes look a lot worse. So opt for my all time favourite, because it is the perfect amount of creamy and clean and matte at the same time. In no time you can create a clean, strong, fresh, dark eyeliner that makes your eyes look fresh yet strong again.
5. Dr. Organic Cocoa Butter Body Scrub
To be honest I have not tried this one, but it is already a favourite of mine. Why? Because Dr. Organic and chocolate, duh! But for now, I make my own chocolate scrubs like this: I take a cup of sugar, add a few spoons of honey, a teaspoon of olive oil and two table spoons of raw cocoa. The scent is amazing and it is good enough to eat! I also use it as a lip scrub.
6. Dior Lip Maximizer in Raspberry
After a few days of blowing liters of snot out of my nose and feeling sleep deprived and like my head is going to explode, even my puckers don't want to pucker anymore and you can just read the misery right of them. It is like my entire face is deflated. A quick fix is to apply this lovely gloss alone or on top of lipstick for instead plumping and a fresh rosey gloss. I have been using the Dior Maximizers for a few weeks now and I can actually feel a difference in my lips. I feel like my lips are a little more full than they used to be and I just feel more attractive...
7. Nivea Cleansing Foam with Almond Oil and Hydra IQ
Dry skin needs a moisturising cleanser, and this affordable foam by Nivea was mild and felt very hydrating at the same time. The gentle mousse saved me from using energy to lather things ups and it felt like a kiss against my skin.
8. Dior Sugar Lip Scrub
Another one for your puckers to make you look a bit more kissable during these hard times.
9. Guerlain Two Tone Blush
This new blush has a highlighter and blush in one which is subtle enough so you don't have to worry about application, but still ads a pop of color to your cheeks.
10. Origins Make A Difference+ Rejuvenating Serum
I saw rejuvenating and I was sold. It is 70 euros, but as soon as I apply this, it sicks into my skin, hydrates, and makes my foundation look smooth and poreless all day. I am speechless...
11. OPI Nail and Cutticle Oil
Something for your nails. It has a brush instead of just a tube or dropper so it is really nice to apply to the nails at night. Applying nutrious nail oils to the nail can make them stronger again and grow faster.
Get well soon!
0 Yorumlar